Finance and Administrative Officer
About Gelecek Daha Net and Embark Project
Innovative Solutions for Sustainable Development Association (ISSDA) has been operating Future is Brighter (Gelecek Daha Net) Youth Platform for over 10 years. GDN is the main program of ISSDA to implement youth empowerment projects. GDN (Future Is Brighter) is an online and offline vocational orientation platform that provides innovative tools for youth aged 15-29 to guide and equip them to become self-determined individuals. Services vary from online mentoring, coaching, training, surveys and videos to offline workshops, youth camps, etc.
The Embark project has been conducted within Gelecek Daha Net since 2018 and it aims to create an empowered community of inspirational business and youth leaders to foster social cohesion and economic inclusion through each cohort. Embark Project offers its academy, various activities to exchange ideas, develop understanding, increase skills and build meaningful connections. In its 4th year, Embark Project has scaled across Turkey and the Netherlands.
The Embark Project has gained various awards and recognition both nationally and internationally for its innovative approach to inclusion.
More information about the Embark Project: www.embarkproject.com
About the Role
The Finance and Administrative Officer will join the team in Istanbul within the Embark Project funded by an international donor. The position will be based on a new project which will be implemented in close collaboration with prominent private sector companies. This position will directly report to the Co-Founder/Program Director of the Embark Project.
- To prepare budget and track budget vs actual
- To regularly check, the financial performance of projects: project balance, expenditures, expenditure projections
- To ensure project expenses are reasonable, allocable, prudent and spend in accordance with applied rules and regulations
- To prepare contracts for the suppliers
- To prepare contracts for the team members and assist the Program Director in human resources management
- Regularly liaise with the legal accountant and ensure the smooth information flow
- To prepare the financial reports: monthly and quarterly and final report.
- Ensure eligibility of all expenses
- To ensures the correct filing of all projects’ financial data
- Manage review of financial transactions and supporting documentation in an organized and professional manner
- Maintain the project active sheet to follow up with all financial transactions starting from issuance until closing and reporting
- Maintain accuracy of financial records of the Embark project
- University degree in finance, accounting, business management or related field
- Minimum 3 years of experience in tracking financial expenditures, preparing budget and financial reports and filing financial data in a non-governmental organization.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills particularly Microsoft Office and Excel.
- Fluency in English and Turkish is a must
- Strong personal discipline and time management skills especially in remote work.
- Highly committed and dynamic team in the field of social impact.
- Learning and training opportunities are an essential value of our organization.
- Opportunity to work in an international project that is at the stage of scaling in new locations.
If you are interested, please send your CV along with your cover letter (in 1 page) saved as a single PDF document explaining your background and why you are a good fit for this position to email@example.com with the email title as “Finance Officer” no later than 15th of August.