Project Officer (Private Sector Partnerships _ Access to Employment)
About Embark Project
Innovative Solutions for Sustainable Development Association (ISSDA) has been operating Future is Brighter (Gelecek Daha Net) Youth Platform for over 10 years. GDN is the main program of ISSDA to implement youth empowerment projects. GDN is an online and offline vocational orientation platform that provides innovative tools for youth aged 15-29 to guide and equip them to become self-determined individuals. Services vary from online mentoring, coaching, training, surveys and videos to offline workshops, youth camps, etc.
The Embark project has been conducted within Gelecek Daha Net since 2018 and it aims to create an empowered community of inspirational business and youth leaders to foster social cohesion and economic inclusion through each cohort. Embark Project offers its academy, various activities to exchange ideas, develop understanding, increase skills and build meaningful connections. In its 4th year, Embark Project has scaled across Turkey and the Netherlands.
The Embark Project has gained various awards and recognition both nationally and internationally for its innovative approach to inclusion.
More information about the Embark Project: www.embarkproject.com
About the Role
The Project Officer (Private Sector Partnerships & Access to Employment) will join the team in Istanbul within the Embark Project funded by an international donor. The position will be based on a new project which will be implemented in close collaboration with prominent private sector companies. This position will directly report to the Co-Founder/Program Director of the Embark Project.
- Communicate with business partners
- Manage communications with the focal points of companies
- Build up and manage the process of matching youth with the companies
- Providing necessary guidance to the youth participants throughout the program
- Carrying out outreach activities to universities, youth networks as well as local and national CSOs.
- Coordinating with the project’s trainers on employability aspects, ensuring those are well embedded
- Initiating new partnerships with the relevant stakeholders to raise awareness on youth’s potential
- Ensuring smooth information flow with all the stakeholders involved.
- Preparing monthly and quarterly reports on the progress of the youth as well briefings for private sector partners on a bi-weekly basis.
- Ensuring access to employment opportunities within the network of companies and youth
- Coordinating with the Project Assistant, M&E Officer as well as Communications Assistant
- Supporting the procurement and logistics processes in terms of planning and implementation in close collaboration with the Program Director and Finance Officer.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, development studies or relevant technical field of study (MA degree preferred)
- Minimum 3 years of work experience and minimum 1 year in projects within the Syrian context (employability enhancement projects) or in the private sector in the field of human resources, diversity and inclusion or related sector.
- Fluency in English and Turkish
- Experience in representing the organization and managing relationships with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Demonstrated ability to work in diverse teams and coordinate effectively with team members
- Highly committed and dynamic team in the field of social impact.
- Learning and training opportunities are an essential value of our organization.
- Opportunity to work in an international project that is at the stage of scaling in new locations.
If you are interested, please send your CV along with your cover letter (in 1 page) saved as a single PDF document explaining your background and why you are a good fit for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org with the email title as “Project Officer PSP” no later than 15th of August.