An excellent opportunity to embark on your professional journey!🚀
We are looking for talented youth to join the Embark community.
What is Embark Project?
In 2022-2023 period, Embark Project operates within the framework of the “PEP-Promotion of Economic Prospects” program, which is financed by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and implemented by Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH in cooperation with the Gelecek Daha Net Youth Platform (GDN). The project is linking youth to career opportunities at notable companies in Istanbul through activities like Embark Academy Trainings, Reverse Mentorship, and Ideation. At first, you will go through an intensive learning process within the Embark Academy. Upon completing the academy training components, you will have the opportunity to practice skills and enhance your network through reverse mentoring and ideation/project development. Participants who successfully complete the program will have access to career opportunities at partner companies.
If you match with the following criteria, apply now!
- To be a Turkish Citizen or a Syrian Under Temporary Protection in Turkey
- To be between 20-29 years old
- To be officially registered in Istanbul
- To be enrolled in the final year of undergraduate degree or to have completed undergraduate degree after 2020
- To be able to carry out conversations in Turkish (English is an asset)
What we offer?
- Personal and professional development, career planning and preparation, learn how to brand yourself with leading experts
- Hands on design thinking and challenge ideation experience at prominent companies to present your ideas
- Mentoring business leaders from top-ranking firms in Istanbul
- Start job/internship opportunities at well-known companies
- Join social and professional networking meetings as a part of Embark community
Your professional journey will look like:
- 5 face-to-face weekend trainings (half/full day) and 4-5 online training sessions (2-3h each) between February-March 2023
- 4 mentoring sessions, challenge ideation and various professional events between April – June 2023
- Minimum 2 months of intership/job starting from June 2023
You should know before Embarking on your journey:
- Only a limited number of applicants will be accepted to the program.
- Applications will be evaluated on a rolling basis, early applications are highly encouraged. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
- Gender balance will be considered during the application evaluations.
- The program will be held predominantly in Turkish.
- Participation is obligatory for all activities.
- Participants who complete the program will receive a certificate.
- Public transportation support will be provided for offline activities.
Let’s take a closer look at the steps of the Embark journey:
STEP 1: Embark Academy
Your Embark journey will start with The Embark Academy trainings. The Embark Academy follows a holistic approach and offers a continuous, practical, group, and personal learning environment led by experts, bringing hands-on cases for leadership, value creation, ideation, and creating solutions to business problems.
STEP 2: Reverse Mentoring
Reverse mentoring is an initiative in which business executives are paired with younger mentors to engage on various topics (such as technology, social media, culture, values, motivation, and skill sets) and to offer an opportunity for participants on both sides (two-way insights), meeting on an equal footing, to gain a better understanding of generational, cultural, and gender differences. During this process, you will be matched with professionals who are joining the program as mentees.
STEP 3: Challenge Ideation
While carrying out your mentoring sessions, you will also be joining groups (formed with 5–6 mentors) where you will be tasked with creating solutions for cross-cutting challenges companies are encountering. Through this journey, you will get the chance to practice the following skills: problem solving, teamwork, design thinking, sustainability, and innovation.
STEP 4: Link to Internship/Job Opportunities
When you successfully complete the reverse mentorship program and ideation phases, you will link to employment opportunities in the form of a minimum of two months (40 work days) of legal employment. If you need a work permit, it will be handled prior to your employment by the partner companies.
PLUS: Being part of Embark Community
You will be invited, along with private sector representatives, to participate in Embark Community Events where good practices and inspirational talks are shared with national and international public audiences, civil society organizations, and international organizations. Do not miss our events to broaden your social and professional network!
“Embark Project” operates within the framework of the “PEP-Promotion of Economic Prospects” program, which is financed by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and implemented by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH in cooperation with the Gelecek Daha Net Youth Platform (GDN).